Soup Makers are machines that can help you with making soup automatically. This in turn reduces the manual work that is needed to make a delicious cup of soup. It’s a popular kitchen appliance in the UK because it makes things incredibly easy. The best part is that there are many soup makers available in the market which can be worth considering. The list and the features are endless. Another advantage is that you will not taste any difference with soup that is made on a stove. In the end, soup made with the help of a soup maker will be more consistent and it will even taste better.
We also understand that choosing the best soup maker might be a little tricky and this is especially true for first time buyers. To help everyone out, we have compiled this list of some of the top soup makers available on the British market and we’ve also listed a short buyer’s review. Check them out in the section below.
Buy the Best Soup Makers of 2020
Here is the list of best soup makers that you will find in the market. Check out the models listed below and do not forget to check out the pros and cons of each model. If there is a particular model that you like then you can also go ahead and visit the product page of the soup maker machine.
At number 1, we have the Morphy Richards 48822 Soup Maker, which will surprise you in a great way with its high versatility. You can make a smooth or a chunky soup with this soup maker and you can even make a juice. The minimum capacity of this soup maker is 1300 ml and the maximum is 1600 ml. in addition to this, it takes just about 21 minutes to make the soup using this soup maker. The blending blade is placed in the lid which makes it easier to clean and the main body is made of stainless steel which makes it quite durable as well. Morphy Richards also includes a recipe book along with this soup maker which means that you will be able to get ideas and experiment yourself with ease.
- The blending blade is in the lid which makes it very efficient
- Has a capacity of 1.6 L
- Has settings for Texture Control and to Make Juice
- Nothing as such
Next on our list of best soup maker is another soup maker from Morphy Richards. This one is a little cheaper than the one which we talked about earlier and at the same time, it has some added functionality as well. This particular model also comes with Saute function which would let you slightly fry the vegetables and seasonings before you make the soup. Apart from this, there is an interrupt function that enables you to add ingredients like black pepper and other seasonings in the middle of the cycle. Lastly, this soup maker has all other functions which include texture selection and making the juice as well. It is certainly one of the most recommended products on our list.
- Has a large capacity of 1.6 L and also comes with Saute Function
- Comes with interrupt function to let you add ingredients in the middle of the cycle
- Can be operated in Manual mode and automatic mode.
- Quite an Affordable Option
- Some people reported an electric fault but that is covered under warranty.
We also have a soup maker from Tefal, a well-known brand available on the British market. This soup maker comes with a lot of functionality and if you’ve always been worried about cleaning your soup maker then this is the ideal one for you. It comes with an easy cleaning function, which helps you in cleaning the soup maker automatically. You can also use the ”compote function” which would basically blend the ingredients without heating them up. The company also assures that the machine will remain repairable for 10 years as it promises the delivery of parts until then. Once the soup is made, you can use the ”keep warm function” to ensure that you serve it hot. The cooking time varies between 23 minutes and 25 minutes.
- Comes with several automatic programs which include creamed soup, soup with pieces, compote, and easy clean function.
- Comes with keep warm function as well.
- The brand offers a 1-year warranty on the product.
- Nothing as such
We have yet another model from Morphy Richards and this one is also quite durable as well as versatile. You can use this soup maker to make a chunk or a smooth soup. In addition to this, you can use it to make smoothies or even juice and other such drinks. The auto-program would set the timer automatically. With the capacity of 1.6L, you can easily serve as many as 4 people in the family. In terms of design, the soup maker looks quite stylish and the body doesn’t heat up much during the cooking process which makes it even easier for you to serve the soup. Just like other products from Morphy Richards, you get a recipe book with this one as well which gives you a step by step guide to creating amazing dishes.
- Has auto programmed functions which include smooth, chunky and drinks
- The top-down blade works efficiently while blending the stuff.
- Can double up as a smoothie maker
- Not easy to clean
Until now we have only talked about the kettle type soup maker but what if you want a blender type model? Well, this could be the end of your search as this one would satisfy all your needs. Imagine that this soup maker would not only make soup for you but it can actually make sauce, moil stuff, steam the dishes, and even make smoothies for you. You can use this to boil eggs and make dips as well. The total capacity of this soup maker is 1.7 L and believe it or not but it can also help you in making cocktails. It takes just about 30 minutes to make soup or other dishes.
- Comes with a transparent body that lets you see the texture.
- Can be used to boil or steam the ingredients and also helps you in boiling eggs.
- Comes with reheat functionality
- The brand offers 2 years warranty on this product
- The jug needs to be handled with care.
This is another blender type soup maker in the list and this one is from VonShef. The capacity of this soup maker is 1.75 L and it also comes with user-friendly functionality. Apart from the details listed, the soup maker can help you in making smoothies and juice as well. It works like magic and cleaning this is a lot easier because of the transparent body. You can choose between chunks, smooth, blend, and pulse options while cooking and the display on the top will show you the necessary details. The model also comes with a warranty to protect you against any type of manufacturing defect or malfunctioning.
- Quite an affordable option
- Has a transparent body and comes with thermal cut out for protection
- It has 4 settings to help you in preparing soup and other such things that you need.
- Comes with a nice display on the handle
- Needs to be handled with care
Let us now jump to product number 7 on our list which is from Morphy Richards. If you would really like to have extensive control in your hand then you can check out this product. You can actually choose between smooth, medium and chunky textures while making soup. The medium texture is hard to find in soup makers but this product has it. Apart from this, it comes with sauteing, reheat and blend function as well. The pre-clean mode in the soup maker makes it easy to clean the soup maker and the drinks button helps you in preparing juices. You can choose a portion for 2 people, 3 people or 4 people while using this soup maker and it certainly brings confidence in your cooking.
- Comes with as many as 8 programmable options.
- Comes with sauteing and pre-clean function which enhances the cooking and also makes the cleaning easier
- Has a better portion control
- None for now
Next on our list is a soup maker from Berg and this one is also quite versatile. While using this soup maker, you can choose the temperature between 60 degrees C, 80 degrees C and 100 Degree C. you can also adjust the speed from the 4 available options and you can also use pulse function. This helps in texture control and the output can be adjusted for a chunky soup or a smooth textured soup. There is a dedicated button on this soup maker which helps you in crushing the ice when required. The capacity of this soup maker is 1.7L which means it is enough for you to cook for as many as 4 people. The digital interface surely makes things a lot better.
- Looks really appealing and it is one of the best looking models
- Has a digital control setting with LCD display
- Comes with pulse function and 3 temperature settings
- No automatic texture control
If you would like to have something with a sturdy base then check out this model from Cooks Professional. This machine has a blender in the lid and it is durable as well as sturdy. You can select between the textures while using the soup maker and you can also select between the simmer and boil option. Apart from this, you can use the pulse function and it is particularly helpful while cleaning the apparatus. It can cook soup for 3 people as the capacity is restricted to 1.2 L but apart from this, the brand has taken care of your safety by integrating anti-dry auto shut off mechanism which protects if you if the liquid is too low in the soup maker.
- Can be used to make soup, smoothies, juice and other such things.
- Easy to clean because of the pulse function.
- Quite a sturdy model and has a very durable construction.
- Integrated anti-dry shut off mechanism for safety reasons.
- The capacity is low as it is only 1.2 L
Talking about the last product on our list, it is from Hairy Bikers and this one has a stainless steel construction. With the soup maker, you can use functions for texture control, heat and pulse. The soup maker turns off itself as soon as you lift the lid and this is mainly to protect you from any accident. Apart from this, you get a cleaning brush to maintain the hygiene and it also features a sturdy 800 W motor to give you the desired output. Overall, you can consider this brand as the product has good reviews and it is also sturdy from the building aspect. It covers all the general functionality that you might expect.
- Comes with a cleaning brush to help you in cleaning the soup maker
- Supports multiple soup-making modes and has a sturdy design.
- The capacity is 1.6L which is enough for 4 people
- Brand Value
Best Soup Makers 2020: Buying Guide
We have already shared the list of some of the best models available in the market with you. It might still be a little tricky to choose the right soup maker for yourself. In such a case, your best bet is to go through this buying guide and evaluate your needs. This way, you will be able to find the soup makers that are according to your needs. Check them out below.
- Type of Soup Maker: Start by choosing the type of soup maker that you would like to purchase. This includes either a kettle soup maker or a blender soup maker. The kettle soup maker would heat the soup and it will also blend the elements together. In addition to this, they can make a smooth or chunky soup depending on the settings you choose. The blender type has slightly fewer options but the most prominent difference is that the body is made of glass.
- Quantity Cooked: Check for the quantity that can be made with the help of the soup maker. This way you can evaluate if the soup maker would be able to make enough soup for your family. The minimum that you might find is 0.8 L which is usually enough for a family of 2 or 3 people. The largest one you will find is with the capacity of 2L which is usually enough for a family of 6.
- Saute Control and Versatility: Look at the control options you have along with the flexibility that it offers. What we mean to say here is that check if you soup maker can saute the vegetables or meat while making the soup and at the same time, check out if you soup maker can double up as a blender and a smoothie maker. This will help you in getting a higher utility from the soup maker that you plan to purchase. You can also choose between a simple soup maker and the one which has a lot of options to control the machine. This depends on the kind of utility you would like to obtain.
- Ease of Cleaning: You need to understand how easy it is to clean the soup maker. The mouth of the soup maker should not be narrow and it should be wide enough to help you in cleaning. You can also see if the dishwasher has non-stick coating along with the fact if it is dishwasher friendly or not.
- Pause Feature: This is yet another feature that might be important for you. This is often referred to as interrupt feature and this helps you in pausing the machine while you are making soup. The feature is mainly to help you in adding ingredients while you are making soup.
- Selection of Texture: This is more of a blending feature that you need to look into and it is certainly great to have the feature that lets you select the texture. It can make your soup chunky or smooth as per your requirements. You can check the speed of blending and other such specifications while the soup is being prepared.
- Cost, Brand and Warranty: You must also check out the cost and the brand of the soup maker. Ensure that you purchase the one which is manufactured by a good brand and you must also ensure that the soup maker is well within your budget. Apart from this, you can check out the warranty applicable to the soup maker that you are interested in.
Best Soup Maker Brands 2020
There are certain brands from the United Kingdom that will be available on the internet from time-to-time. If the user is looking for some unusual manufacturer, then there are a more extensive range of soup-maker brands listed below:
Morphy Richards has a variety of soup-maker made ranging from the budget models like the 48822 soup-maker to the more adventurous soup-makers like the famous 501014 soup-maker and saute-maker in combination.
Tefal is another famous brand for making functional kitchen appliances. It is acknowledged for making better qualities of saucepans and frying pans. Tefal has also manufactured a strong soup-maker, which is the Tefal BL841140. This brand did not produce a variety of range of soup makers, but has a good look and looks better if the user has other Tefal products in the kitchen.
This brand is not very popular as a soup-maker but is worth mentioning because of its low-pricing strategy. The best soup-maker from this brand is the model 800W. This product is best suited for people with a low budget and still aiming to modify the range of gadgets in their kitchen. Read our VonShef 800W Soup Maker Review here.
Already popular in the US kitchen market, Breville soup-maker is also gaining popularity in other parts of the world. This brand is famous for various range of kitchen appliances, ranging from kettles and toasters to machines like juice-makers and blenders.
This South Korean Manufacturer was once famous for making cars, who sell off their automotive to Chevrolet. They are distinct for creating simple to use kitchen appliances and thus making soup-makers of the same kind.
This brand is more famous for making air fryers and has a soup-maker named “cook ‘n’ mix”. It is known as a five-in-one machine which acts as a soup-maker, blender and can also make smoothies and compotes.
Kenwood is a brand that has been in the market for generations. This brand makes the best of kitchen products that are durable and could be relied on. Though nowadays the kitchen appliances by Kenwood is a little familiar, they are still in existence. The soup-makers by Kenwood is a bit low ranking than other soup makers among the list.
Other brands make soup-makers like Tower, Ambiano, Salter, and Cuisinart. Some of them are popular, and others give the high quality that the user is looking for.
Read also: Prolectrix soup maker – a soup and juice maker!
Frequently Asked Questions
You might have some questions about the soup makers and we have tried our best to answer those questions with accuracy and precision.
Do I really need a Soup Maker?
In our opinion, everyone should have a soup maker because this serves as a healthy snack option and at the same time, it also helps you in saving time and space. While the soup is being prepared in the soup maker, you can go ahead and prepare other dishes which saves your time.
What else can I Do with my Soup Maker?
Soup Makers can be really versatile and they can help you in accomplishing a lot. A soup maker can help you in blending things and they can also help you in making fruit juices. Apart from this, you can make cold soup or even smoothies with the help of a simple soup maker that you purchase.
Do I really need the Sauté Function?
Now, this is quite a subjective question. The sauté function would basically help you in sautéing the ingredients before you make the soup. This certainly adds a lot more flavour to the soup and we would recommend you to opt for this feature.
What is the average cost of Soup Maker?
The cost would vary from one brand to another and from one model to another. In such a case, we would recommend you to check out the product page of the soup maker that you like and this way you will be able to find out the exact cost of the soup maker that you like.
What type of soup can I make with Soup Maker?
There is no limit on the type of soup that you can make with help of the soup maker. You can go ahead and make any type of veg soup and you will also be able to make chicken soup or any other non-veg soup. There is literally no limit to the versatility it offers you.
This was all about the soup makers. We have listed some of the best soup maker available products and we have also listed the buying guide which will help you in choosing the best soup maker for yourself. You can check out the products in detail and you can also compare them before you finalize a purchase for yourself. This would certainly help you in ensuring that you are buying nothing but the best.